The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the kit comes with the Microlet Lancing device or does it have to be bought separately?

thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Can someone tell me if the kit comes with the Microlet Lancing device or does it have to be bought separately?

thanks! :D
Mine came with everything - Meter, Lancing device and a dozen-or-so lancets and a carrying case.

Same with my Contour USB.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sweet! did you buy the other cap so you could test on your forearm or palm for an alternate place?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I sent away for the other cap, Bayer will give you one free. I personally found that it didn't work on my forearm, it never poked deeply enough! But it's worth a try. I actually got an Accu-Check monitor just so I could get the lancet that comes with it (Multiclix?). I find those ones are not only less painful, but the barrel design means you don't have to deal with sharps.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nope, I didn't bother with the other cap. And this is the only lancing device I've ever used, so I can't compare comfort/pain with any other device. It doesn't really bother me that much anyway unless I'm tensed up....

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Actually I have several Contour Meters and 2 of the USB that I either got for free or with a coupon that made them very cheap. They all came with the lancers and some came with 25 free strips as well. I bought an extra box of the lancets but since I don't change it very often I think they will last forever. The clear cap also came in the kit, although I never use it.

Reactions: skypeace and Shanny

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but since I don't change it very often I think they will last forever. The clear cap also came in the kit, although I never use it.
you dont change your pokey thing? i thought it has to be replaced with every use?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I don't change mine even once a month, unless I test someone else. Then they get a clean lancet & I get a clean one when we're finished testing them. Otherwise - mebbe two/three months goes by. But I test on my numb thumb, so getting dull is hard to determine - the pokes never hurt.

N

·
0 Posts
This is good fun, nice to see sense of humor involved in poking ourselves!

I change my pokey thing every morning (I do a lot of testing though). The pokey thing is called a lancet (get the 33 gauge if you can), the device you put it in is called a lancet device.

I like the "lancer" word that jwags uses :)

The Bayer Contour is an excellent product, be sure to register your meter so when you need batteries or contol solution you can just call them and they will send them to you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi. I change my dagger with each new Lantus pen and seems to be about right for me. That would be around 10 days or 30 odd stabs for me.
They also want me to change the needle on the pen every time but have been using one needle per pen. It does get a little blunt and more painful just before the end. Going to try a new one halfway maybe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you all for the replies!! this place is a great find!! I am buying coconut oil on the way home tonight! LOL gonna make me some fudge (oh this is from other posts i guess LOL)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
thank you all for the replies!! this place is a great find!! I am buying coconut oil on the way home tonight! LOL gonna make me some fudge (oh this is from other posts i guess LOL)
B'lieve me, we all know where those fudge posts are! heheh! :D Well - all of us with a sweet tooth anyhow . . . :cool:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
In all seriousness, I change mine at breakfast or when it gets dull, whichever comes first.

Sent from my iPhone
In all seriousness I change mine when it gets dull. Depending on my testing, that's usually once every 2-3 weeks.

I refuse to add to any big-pharmaceutical bottom-line by changing it 20x more often than necessary...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I change mine every 5-6 months and I do test about 6-8 times per day. Since it doesn't really hurt that much I don't notice it getting dull. The new ones are always a good change. Speaking of which where did I put my new finger porker things?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts