The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while back I started feeling the first symptoms of a cold...

Sure enough, after a while it was in my head... then a couple of days later moving down to my throat...

Now it's in my chest and I'm all phlegm-y, coughing, slightly fevered and annoyed.

... and my fasting BG today was 7.0 (126) :eek:

It's bloody amazing what being sick does to your blood sugar.

Reactions: jwags

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meh, I'm not running enough of one to worry yet - I do monitor myself closely. I'm sitting about 100F at the moment, which is pretty standard for a mild bronchitis. Anything above 101F for a while and I'll do something.

I think I'll go stand in the shower for a while. Humidity helps.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My kid who's your age got smacked down last week - fever running 103F with weakness & aching legs, sore throat, etc. Definitive diagnosis of strep throat, which he hadn't had since he was about 12yo! He about decided dying was easier. Then they put him on prednisone & cephalexin, so he bounced back, but it took a coupla days before he felt human again.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
My 27 year old came down with Swine Flu last year. He was always very healthy and as a kid never ran a fever above 99. His wife called from Pittsburg and asked what should she do because his fever was 103 and he won't go to the ER. My husband got on the phone and told her to tell my son if he wouldn't go my husband would drive the 2 hours to Pittsburg and physically take him. Of course the ER visit cost them $1700 even with insurance but he found out he had Swine flu and Pneumonia. He had been playing a tennis match the night before. So things can come on very quick, so take care yourself. I hate going to doctors but even I sometimes have to get my butt to the doctors and get antibiotics.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The pits having a cold or the flu in summer time. Hope you will bounce back quickly!

Was 7.0 high for you? Got the wonderful norovirus last March and fasting sugars were never under 18 :eek:

Take care! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts