The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

First, I'm sorry for my bad english but IM from Quebec (Canada) and I usally speak french.

I'm a 29 years old gir, I'm a nurse and I'm a mom and I'm pregnant of my second baby (8 monts). I had diabetes before I got pregnant and I took insulin regurlarly but since I got pregnant, my life became horrible. People knows my story here in Quebec but nobody can help me, even my own doctor. Maybe someone here will be able to help me.

I have a severe insulin resistance. I take over 2220 units (cc) of insuline per day!!!!
By injection:
before breakfast: 390 units
before diner: 530 units
before super: 700 units
before sleep: 30 units

by insulin pump: 600 units

Doctors says that they never saw that in the past and they are trying to help me the best they can but sincerely, I'm not able to handle that. I fed up and I'm really tired. I have so much pain on my body.

Please, if you know someone who had a similar experience, please tell me!!!

Thank you vey much!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi There Shannah:

First I have to say....are you Kidding?? I've heard of someone
taking 250 units but that's about it. Your English is Fine.

Edit: I did run across a Guy that takes 600 units daily.
God Bless you's.

What Insulins are you on? Are you on pills also? What are your
sugars like?

You are in Montreal? They have some of the Best Drs. in Quebec
there. There is the U-500 Insulin.

If you are 8 mths. pregnant and having a Bad time with your
Diabetes, it would be most logical for them to do a c-section and
to put your Baby in the Preemie Care Unit.

A Baby is able to be delivered successfully and do well at 25-26 weeks.

I wish you and your Baby well. :) You're Welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Terry

I swear God, it's not a joke. We did three request to the provincial government for the U-500 and they said that they will not cover it because it's not commercialize (I'm not sure of this word) in québec. However, the federal governement says yes for 15 bottlles. I don't understand what's the problem with them. About the c-section, they don't want to do it before 32 or 34 weeks. ouff!

thank you Terry and god bless you!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi Terry
I swear God, it's not a joke. We did three request to the provincial government for the U-500 and they said that they will not cover it because it's not commercialize (I'm not sure of this word) in qu?bec. However, the federal governement says yes for 15 bottlles. I don't understand what's the problem with them. About the c-section, they don't want to do it before 32 or 34 weeks. ouff!
thank you Terry and god bless you!
Hi Again:

If this is for real and if I lived in Montreal, I'd be getting to the
Hospital here in Ottawa. You're only 2 hours away.That much
Insulin is not Good for you or your Baby.

My sugar went out of control at my 8th month with my Son.
The Drs. couldn't control it.

My Dr. came in one morning and asked, "Do you want your Baby
before or after Lunch". My Son was born at 11:32 a.m. by a
c-section.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Shannah, is it possible that the "units" on your scale are different than those on the scale here in the uSA? If one of our units equals 10 of yours then your daily insulin usage woyld be 222 units in the USA. I know a diabetic in the UK who is extremely insulin resistant and she uses between 200 and 300 units per day. Her units are the same as mine here in New York. I am just curious.

Richard

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome, sorry to hear about your DX, i was DX three years ago with Type 2 Diabetes and i am on Metformin and diamoin(sp), if you need assistance please let me know thanks

and i will be praying for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts