The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was diagnose on September 15th 1992. I got on the pump in '03 with a MM 512, and never looked back to shots. I just recently went from a MM 712 to the Omnipod, due to the demands on the job, I think this is the best option for me. I also wear the Dexcom cgm which helps a lot (Highly recommend any cgm). Last A1c was 7.9 and would like to see that number drop to 7.0. I am glad to be aboard!!

Ben Hill Sr

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm glad to have you aboard too, Ben - thank you for joining us!

Since I'm really inexperienced in the use of insulin & pumps, I'm going to retreat now & there are many others coming along who speak your language! :D

Take care and do visit us often!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi All,

I was diagnose on September 15th 1992. I got on the pump in '03 with a MM 512, and never looked back to shots. I just recently went from a MM 712 to the Omnipod, due to the demands on the job, I think this is the best option for me. I also wear the Dexcom cgm which helps a lot (Highly recommend any cgm). Last A1c was 7.9 and would like to see that number drop to 7.0. I am glad to be aboard!!

Ben Hill Sr
Hello Ben Hill Sr. and :welcome: to Diabetes Forum. Come on in and make yourself comfortable :couch2: I have no experience with pumps but we have lots of members who have them. I would love to have a pump and a CGM. My insurance will not pay for me to have a pump or CGM. My A1C's are good. I could use the CGM, because I have hypo unawareness and go low often. There is a lot of information on here, read what interests you and if you can't find something, do a search, the search box is at the top of the forum page. We are happy to have you on board, try and visit often and take care.

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Ben :) there's lots of members who are on a pump... I'm not one of them. I'm type 2 on full time insulin, but I inject basal & bolus. My A1c was 8 the last one I had (I'm due another)... I'm hoping to get below 7 too... that would be a first for me since diagnosed. But at the moment I'm thinking that's unlikely due to fluctuating BGLs everyday. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Ben, welcome aboard! Pumping is fantastic for diabrtics who use insulin and who have difficulties with their control while using injections. I have been type 1 for 65 years, but did not start pumping until 2007. I also use the Dexcom CGM.

If you have any questions, please ask, there are some experienced type 1 and type 2 pumpers here.

Richard

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me, also!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi All,

Ben Hill Sr
Howdy and welcome aboard!

I have to admit, pumping is the best. I wish I had started it years before I did!I use the MM Revel but I dont use a CGM. I trialed one for about a week, I think I just prefer to check my blood sugar the old fashioned way. It works better for me. I don't usually have hypo unawareness though...I can almost always tell once I drop into the 60's. I am T2 and was diagnosed when I was 16. I did eventually lose my beta cell function though and now I am insulin dependent. Looking forward to getting to know you its always good to have another opinion join us around here!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome Ben! As a die hard Red Sox fan, it is always great to have another baseball lover around...even if it's a Yankees fan! I am Type 1, but have not made the switch to the pump yet. Going to do so asap.

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts