The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all just like to say thet since i have lost weight and through daily walks i seem to be able to control my bg much better other than mid morning and mid afternoon when it tends to dip to around 3.5 so i try and have a little more calories at each meal now or i have a apple or orange as a snack i dont seem to have an adverse affect after eating fruit thank god for small mercys lol i am also reintroducing other foods back into my diet eg like a small slice of choc cake on the weekend as a treat and also certain cereals which i also seem to tolerate now but as always its a matter of testing and luckily i dont have to pay for my strips. best wishes all Lynne:p

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You have terrific control, Lynne! I was just reading the fasting thread & your morning numbers are wonderful. Your progress in these few months is tremendous - I gotta get on my track shoes & start walkin' too! :cool:

And yep - can't emphasis enough to test - test - test!

Good work, gal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have terrific control, Lynne! I was just reading the fasting thread & your morning numbers are wonderful. Your progress in these few months is tremendous - I gotta get on my track shoes & start walkin' too! :cool:

And yep - can't emphasis enough to test - test - test!

Good work, gal!
Hi Shanny well thanks for that its always nice when you try to do your best and it is actually working. I also know how hard it is to find the time to exercise but really thats all i have been doing all these years pre diabetes is makeing excuses and in the end i have found that no one can do it for me so i had to knuckle down so i have porridge for brecci then its out for my powerwalk and sometimes i catch myself actually enjoying it ha ha hope you are well Lynne

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Lynn, you have a great attitude, and you have accepted the fact that you have diabetes. Many diabetics do not accept and they will never come to a website like this one to improve their bad habits. I predict a lot of success for you. With your attitude and working hard for good control you will probably have a long and healthy life like me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi richard and thankyou i think i am just lucky to have a very accepting nature so it was easy to accept i think it is really hard for the people diagnosed in their teens i really feel for them but reading your story you are a real inspiration to all i have very much enjoyed reading it. my very best wishes to you.Lynne

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Thanks Lynn, you are a very nice lady. I joined a small UK diabetes group a year ago. I really like the peeps there. They have a wonderful sense of humor. My wife, Anita, and I plan to fly to London next year. I want to meet some of my friends in the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts