The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hello RVP. You mentioned recent labs; did you have an HbA1C done? If so, what was the result? That would tell you what your average blood sugar has been for the last 60 days. Your spike to 190 is pretty high, and 140 might be too high also, if that is where your fasting level is.

Best of luck.

Jen

·
Registered
710 Posts
First - your doubts are not silly! Managing diabetes is a difficult, full time job and we all have questions and concerns.

Your A1C is great - congratulations. Watch the highs, though. Getting to 190 once in a while certainly isn't unexpected, but if you find your numbers creeping up, you'll have to make some food and/or medicine modifications.

Best,
Jen

·
Registered
710 Posts
That feeling of being too low can really be debilitating. But it's not surprising you're feeling it within what's otherwise a "normal" range if your blood sugar is consistently running in the 160 - 350 range.

I still vividly remember the horrible feeling of hitting 75 a few weeks after I was diagnosed T1. Shakey, sweaty, foggy-headed, hungry...ughh. It really felt awful! But no wonder - I'd just had a couple of months in the >400 range. Now, however, 70 - 90 is where I feel the most energetic and comfortable.

Take it slow and easy. Baby steps matter with diabetes - you're in it for the long haul.

Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.