The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so proud of my meal and the test results, I just have to share. Premeal = 82, had a huge bowl of black eyed peas with chopped avocado and green tobasco sauce, 1 hr pp = 94, 2 hr pp = 112. I forgot to do the 3 hr one, but I felt great. I couldn't have done this a while back. I know this is due to lower carbs and weight loss.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Now that is my kind of meal, Alura! Good work & congrats on your results! I'll be trying it myself . . . I've had some success with black-eyed peas, like in hoppin' john, etc., if I exercise a little portion control. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You would think, being from Texas, I would be used to the heat in peppers.....but I just can't get there. That's why I buy the green Tobasco - it's much milder but still give a hint of warmness. By the way, how many of you raised in the south, grew up with a bottle peppers on the kitchen table? I know I did - Dad ate peppersauce with everything except dessert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.