The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I haven't been taking the medication or really watching my diet for a few months until today.But from today I'm going to get a grip.

Bought an acu- check testing kit and my blood was 5.8 after about 4 hours after eating.....Is that a in the normal range?

I'm going to check it an hour and a half after eating tonight.

5.8 seems pretty good to me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just tested my blood again after 90 minutes after a meal and it was 5.3......looks like if I eat fairly sensibly I can keep it under control.

I'm wondering if my doctor prescribed metformin because she thought I was pre -diabetic.
I haven't been taking it for a few months because it made me feel very dizzy.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Greg, welcome to Diabetes Forum. Your numbers are not bad at all but thethey are running a little bit higher than for a nondiabetic. I suggest that you fast for 10 hours, overnight, and then test your blood sugar the next morning before eating anything. Be sure your hands are very clean before testing. Let us know what your fasting blood sugar is and we will have a better understanding of your situation.

It can take a few weeks to adjust to Metformin. The nausea and dizziness usually disappear after a while.

Richard

Reactions: diabetes40

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Richard...Thanks for the welcome.

My blood reading was 5.8 this morning after an eleven hour fast.And yesterday my highest reading was 8.2 after eating some brown bread rolls.

I've been told by a relative that anything under 10 , 90 minutes after eating is safe.

I don't know , in my case it seems I can control my diabetes with diet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts