The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to take my drug test for my new job. When they did my urine sample I was told I had blood in my urine. He said I needed to see a doctor and have a complete test of my urine. Do you think it has anything to do with my diabetes. I learned that my family has a heredity disease of their kidneys and need to be tested. I hope I do not have that condition. Has anyone had this problem and how did they solve it?:confused:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ya know, there ar a lot of reasons for blood in the urine. Some races are just prone to it and certainly some genetics are prone to it. I;d get the testing done, see how much blood there really is. Could be just a trace and go from there. I see a lot of people with blood in their urines for long periods of time that are just fine. Good luck with the testing. DO GET IT DONE! There are some diseases you want to know about. Like kidney stones :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
brand19922006 said:
I went to take my drug test for my new job. When they did my urine sample I was told I had blood in my urine. He said I needed to see a doctor and have a complete test of my urine. Do you think it has anything to do with my diabetes. I learned that my family has a heredity disease of their kidneys and need to be tested. I hope I do not have that condition. Has anyone had this problem and how did they solve it?:confused:
I have had that problem before it turned out to be a bad bladder/kidney infection cypro cleared it right up :) Go to your Dr and have a UA done. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was there pain with the blood in urine? I have had blood in my urine off and on for 9 months now with extreme pain every time i urinate and no one seemed very concerned. They kept trying to treat for UTI's and was only a temporary fix. Just recently, I had a test done (camera in bladder) a Urologists office that found my Urinary tract severly irritated and bleeding. Blood and urine tests have been neg. for infections and cultures neg. too. I am wondering if it has to do with diabetes. I am now on Sulfamethoxazole for 30 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts