The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? I’ve never experienced this in two months of being diabetic. My fasting sugar was 107. Two hour after breakfast, glucose was 87. Two hours after lunch, it was 120. Before dinner, it went up to 128? I don’t understand since I didn’t eat anything in between, why would it increase? Then three hours after dinner, sugar was 132. Then before bedtime, it’s 118. I’m going to try to check my sugar at 3 AM. Is this normal? My BS have been in the 80s for the past several weeks. Keep in mind that I was just diagnosed in May 2011. Am I done with the honeymoon phase????? I’m confused.!!! Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Blood sugars change. you eat goes up sometimes depends on what you eat. you exercise (walk) BG goes down unless you sprint then BG goes up. you worry BG goes up. you get sick BG goes up. your pancreas puts out insulin BG goes down.

not eating can cause your liver to do a glucose dump.

BG changes.... just like your hart rate it always changes

your numbers are all below 140 so your good.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes they change all the time but in patterns like you described. Yours are not that bad but they will change so don't be alarmed when they do. It is a basal insulin issue and the only real way to correct it is to go on a pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts