The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wich country's does reimburse it by they unsurense.
i mean the sensor who men used with the paradigm pump, or the navigator.
here in the netherlands the unsurens does not want to reimburse it.

but some people are very happy and there health do much better when they have it.

gr ria

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I thought France and a few other similar countries covered both the pump and the CGMS/sensors. I looked for the info on the net but no countries were mentioned. It seems to have more to do with the Insurance company that the countries have rather than the country itself. It may also have to do with the state/province coverage of each country also.

My Husband's company Insurance covers the pump but I didn't ask about the CGMS since I am not interested in it for me. The province I live in also covers for the pump and accessories for People who have no coverage unlike other provinces in Canada yet. I do not think my province would cover the CGMS/sensors however(except maybe in Special cases) since it it has not been deemed a necessary tool for most Diabetics.

Hopefully someone else has information to answer your question.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Belgian health insurance companies do not cover CGMS, unfortunately. I'm looking into CGMS myself, because of the huge swings in my BG.

Over here, we would have to pay 600 euros for the monitor itself and 40 euros per sensor. That is really expensive if you have to pay for it yourself.

Next week I'm seeing my endocrinologist and I will confront him with my question once more. I'm convinced CGMS could help me figuring out where my problem areas are.

And hi to you Ria, haven't spoken to you in a long time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts