The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Disclaimer (or should this be Claimer):

I recall you had gastric issues w/ metformin and man can I relate. I tried the regular for a couple of months then switched to the XR. Still had issues but decided to try riding it out. I broke up the 2,000 mg to take AM/PM with food. Someone suggested actually taking it in the middle of the meal and I've tried to do that.

Now, 3 months later, it's manageable.
Moon, your experiences with Metformin are so similar to mine, lol! It had taken from February to August (changed to ER version around June) to settle down on the Gastric effects - am almost "normal" again now. It has taken longer than is usual according to others on this forum but I am glad I have stuck with it.

Also, I am sure that my 15lb weight loss was also influenced by the gastric side issues as it has completely stalled now my system has slowed down. Stuck at 138lbs now. But not unhappy with that. Have to remind myself that we are all different as it can be discouraging not to have had the "easy" weight loss that some on Metformin and low carb have achieved - I have had to battle each and every pound.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
@moon I tend to agree that bodies have their own sweet spots for weight and I am more than happy to be at this weight. :)
@jwags thanks, I will keep at it and maybe in a few doctors visits time see about notching up the metformin.
@cadydid hope you get luck with the metformin :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.