The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went and had my blood and urine drawn this morning....I am going to be on pins and needles until I see or get the results back. So very nervous! Please, everyone, good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts.....

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too Foxl! I am a very impatient person, and I want to know now! Oh well, now the wait begins...

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't know why I fear lab tests so much but I do. I will usually do an HbA1c at home so I have a general idea of what is going on. I can never predict my fasting bg since I have major problems with DP in the morning. Hope all your tests come out good. Where in Cleveland do you live? I live on the West Side about 19 miles from Cleveland just across the Cuyahoga County line.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ooh good luck Naynay! I'm sure the hard work you've put in will reflect! I'll keep my fingers crossed for some great numbers for you :)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know why I fear lab tests so much but I do. I will usually do an HbA1c at home so I have a general idea of what is going on. I can never predict my fasting bg since I have major problems with DP in the morning. Hope all your tests come out good. Where in Cleveland do you live? I live on the West Side about 19 miles from Cleveland just across the Cuyahoga County line.
I live about 8 miles West of Cleveland; I live in Seven Hills between Parma/Independence/Brooklyn Heights. I usually go to the Cleveland Clinic in Independence because I live about 5 minutes from there. I do have to go to the Main Campus next week and I hate going downtown. Just so confusing down there now since the Cleveland Clinic has expanded so much. They actually have trams that take you to different buildings! Also, parking and the cost, and the congestion of downtown. I hate it. But, that is where I see my endo and cardio doc, so I guess I have to suck it up. I work in Warrensville Heights and there is no easy way to get from downtown to work either.

I also have DP severe in the morning as well. And how do you check your A1C number at home? Is there a kit? I don't know if I would want to do that since I would be obsessive with it.

Thanks for the well wishes. I do hate lab work as well!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Walmart has an A1c test kit, but it's a little tricky 'cause you have to follow instructions exactly. My husband did one the day before he had his lab work done. The home test kit came out a few points lower than the 'real' test.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Sigh, are you not back with the results yet, Renee? :boink: You do know it's all about keeping US happy, right? And we can get real antsy when we are impatiently waiting...

still waiting......

Do I have to send Guido and the boys out there to have a little chat with you? :cool2:

Oh well, good luck anyway! ;)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My lab does pretty good but they can't seem to get it done before I see the doc. I usually have it online before the day's over though.

I go to the lab as soon as they open at 7:30am, and I make my doc appt. for an hour or two later. That way I can get the fasting outta the way & go have a Shoney's breakfast bar while waiting for the doc. appt. So far, they've never managed to get it done while I'm at breakfast, despite their assurances that they can do it 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My lab work is always ordered at my last doc appointment. So they always schedule it about a week before my appt. Fortunately I live about 5 minutes from the lab, so I try to wait about an hour after they open (they open at 7:30 a.m.) because that is when everyone goes. So usually an hour later the wait is much less. Today was literally 30 minutes from leaving the house, getting blood drawn, and getting back home total. I can go without eating, but have to have my coffee as soon as I awake.

In any case, one of my test results came back already. The urine sample for albumin/creatinine ratio came back a bit elevated at 36. I guess the range is 0-30. However, the counts for each one separate were within normal limits, so how can the ratio be high? The last one in January of this year was like 58...and I don't remember anyone saying anything about that. This is when things really started spiraling again though. Before that my ratio was always low. I hope this changes. I haven't gotten any of the other levels back yet.

Oh, and CD...you truly crack me up dude! Please don't send the guido's here...I've got enough of them in my own family! hahahaha Guido's, guidettes, goomba's, good fellas, you name it we got it! And I know it is all about satisfying the forum curiosity. Really, don't we have anything better to do? :)

Hopefully I'll have more news in the morning. I really gotta get my lazy rear off this darned computer and get some laundry put away and the dishes from dinner cleaned up! :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Renee when your finished your house chores I have plenty here you can do!!! (only thinking of you & making sure you keep up your exercise)
I get my bloods done a week before docs visit to make sure he has them, plus I make the docs visit the first one in the morning so he's not under the pump with bout 20 sitting in the waiting room & he rushes me through the visit!! Not that he says much anyway!! Next visit 24th dec....
Anyways good luck & try not to keep in suspense for much longer!!!
By the way have you made the crackers yet?????

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Renee, I am looking forward to you posting awesome results on this thread very soon. Best wishes !

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
M
In any case, one of my test results came back already. The urine sample for albumin/creatinine ratio came back a bit elevated at 36. I guess the range is 0-30. However, the counts for each one separate were within normal limits, so how can the ratio be high? The last one in January of this year was like 58...and I don't remember anyone saying anything about that.
Renee, do you remember my recent (one month back) panic attack when i had a similar result on the MAU test ?

http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabet...test-results-2-months-post-dx-good-bad-2.html

I had a MAU ratio of 96 which dropped to 35 and now has come down to 25. In-fact I just read in Dr B's book this morning that proteinurea is a sign of high BG and should go away once we have tight control

By the way I dont think there is a standard range for creatinine on a random urine test. There is a range for the albumin (< 20 or 2.0 depending on the units)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I copied and pasted this right from my test results page on MyChart from the Cleveland Clinic.

Component Your Value Standard Range Units Flag
Creatinine Random Ur (UCRR) 49.8 20 - 300 mg/dL
Albumin Urine Random 18.0 0.0 - 23.0 mg/L
Albumin/Creat Ratio 36 0 - 30 mg/g H
30 to 300 mg/g indicates an increased risk for diabetic nephropathy.
Greater than 300 mg/g is consistent with clinical nephropathy. (Am J
Kidney Disease 1995, 25:107)

Like I stated before, the previous measure from January, 2011 ratio was 58. Nobody said anything...I hate that.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tony, it looks like there is a standard range for Creatinine on a random urine...and mine seems to be fine. Go figure.

Oh, well....still waiting for the rest of the results. I hate that too. :mad:

Hopefully I'll know before next Wednesday's appointment with the docs.

Gotta get back to work...lunch break is over (delish tuna salad from Subway today...yum)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Renee when your finished your house chores I have plenty here you can do!!! (only thinking of you & making sure you keep up your exercise)
I get my bloods done a week before docs visit to make sure he has them, plus I make the docs visit the first one in the morning so he's not under the pump with bout 20 sitting in the waiting room & he rushes me through the visit!! Not that he says much anyway!! Next visit 24th dec....
Anyways good luck & try not to keep in suspense for much longer!!!
By the way have you made the crackers yet?????

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes
Muck, I never did finish my house chores last night :eek: I am having a problem with my neck/shoulder/arms/hands with what I think is a pinched nerve, and what the chiropractor thinks is a bulging disc in my neck :eek: I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow. All I know is I had so much pain in all those areas yesterday and I chose to just take it easy last night. So the sink is full of dishes (that I'll have to do when I get home from work today), bathroom grout still needs to be sealed, and just basic straightening up in the house. I also need to put that laundry away before I start on this weeks loads! :rolleyes: I should probably run the vacuum as well since my two black labs are shedding like crazy right now and I have fur balls all over! :eek:hwell: It will all get done...in due time. I don't freak out about the house not being cleaned up anymore. It is what it is. :p
I hope you have great results this month Muck. I am sending good vibes your way :pray::hippie:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And no I haven't made the crackers yet...doing that tonight for sure!!!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Muck, I never did finish my house chores last night :eek: I am having a problem with my neck/shoulder/arms/hands with what I think is a pinched nerve, and what the chiropractor thinks is a bulging disc in my neck :eek: I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow. All I know is I had so much pain in all those areas yesterday and I chose to just take it easy last night. So the sink is full of dishes (that I'll have to do when I get home from work today), bathroom grout still needs to be sealed, and just basic straightening up in the house. I also need to put that laundry away before I start on this weeks loads! :rolleyes: I should probably run the vacuum as well since my two black labs are shedding like crazy right now and I have fur balls all over! :eek:hwell: It will all get done...in due time. I don't freak out about the house not being cleaned up anymore. It is what it is. :p

I hope you have great results this month Muck. I am sending good vibes your way :pray::hippie:
Ouch pinched nerve is very painful & very restrictive of what you can & cant do, you did the right thing by not doing house chores, I used to be OCD about having an immaculate home until one day I realised that life is for living & doing things I enjoy not spending every minute with my head in oven or down a toilet cleaning...
I know what you mean re dog hairs, I have white tiles in my home & my 2 blue cattle dogs molt hair everywhere...but who cares

I'm expecting my H1C to be lower than last one of 6.2 but if its not I'll just keep hammering away at it

Fingers crossed you should be getting yours back anytime soon :pray2:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I live about 8 miles West of Cleveland; I live in Seven Hills between Parma/Independence/Brooklyn Heights. I usually go to the Cleveland Clinic in Independence because I live about 5 minutes from there. I do have to go to the Main Campus next week and I hate going downtown. Just so confusing down there now since the Cleveland Clinic has expanded so much. They actually have trams that take you to different buildings! Also, parking and the cost, and the congestion of downtown. I hate it. But, that is where I see my endo and cardio doc, so I guess I have to suck it up. I work in Warrensville Heights and there is no easy way to get from downtown to work either.

I also have DP severe in the morning as well. And how do you check your A1C number at home? Is there a kit? I don't know if I would want to do that since I would be obsessive with it.

Thanks for the well wishes. I do hate lab work as well!

I hate going down town too. We live about 1/2 mile from Lake Erie in Avon Lake. I am so excited they just built a huge Cleveland Clinic facility only 5 minutes from us. It is going to open next week. Of course do you think my doctor would move there, NO. But they do have an ER there, a lab, Rehab and all sorts of other stuff. When we moved here 22 years ago it was all farms and vineyards, the real boonies. We had moved here from Northern Virginia/DC area and my kids thought we had moved them to the middle of nowhere. Now we are getting our own interchange off 90 and our own Cleveland Clinic facility. Good luck with all your lab tests.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts