The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am 2yrs out from my quad by-pass and suddenly after a bout of a virus followed by a nasty bacteria infection which took 3 different antibiotics to kill, I got heart palpitations.

Sitting here filling out what blood work I want to do so far I got:

Liver function
Kidney function
Electrolytes, Ca, Na, K, Mg, P, CO2
Vit-D
B-12, Folate
C-reactive Protein
Thyroid, TSH, free and total T3, T4
NMR LipoProtein test (chl)
Testosterone free and total

I would like to see if I got anything imbalanced before I make the trip to the cardio guy. I can't think of anything else, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Off-topic for diabetes, but ... PSA?

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats scary to think about, uncle died from prostrate cancer.

I checked it off

Off-topic for diabetes, but ... PSA?

Reactions: moon

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I think that is a very good list! Are you able to just hand that to your doc and he'll request the labs or do you go through one of those blood work websites?

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My doc gave me a signed lab sheet, its been sitting here for a while, so I thought I would take advantage of it.

I think that is a very good list! Are you able to just hand that to your doc and he'll request the labs or do you go through one of those blood work websites?

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Wow, I want one of those!!! :D I have to beg for each test.

I hope the palpitations turn out to be nothing terrible. Are you still taking GABA? I thought you mentioned on another thread that it can cause palpitations? Or maybe I am mixing everything up in my head... :) I am sure you would have tried ruling that out already.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I want one of those!!! :D I have to beg for each test.

I hope the palpitations turn out to be nothing terrible. Are you still taking GABA? I thought you mentioned on another thread that it can cause palpitations? Or maybe I am mixing everything up in my head... :) I am sure you would have tried ruling that out already.
I stopped the GABA for a while. It wasn't causing the palpitations just making them more noticeable

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deed is done, I added DHEA at the last minute in the office before I handed her the lab sheet.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Good Luck on the results MCS...sending good ((((vibes))))) to you!

Reactions: MCS

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers for you. Hopefully they find something minor and easily fixable! Let us know what the results are when you get them back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts