The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my numbers are usually very perfect my last a1c was 5.5 but sometimes my numbers get into the 200s with no real cause other then it gets close to that time of the month and I wonder why this happens to me I eat the same during these times I'm not doing anything different so why do my numbers spike like that can anyone offer any comforts because right now I could really use some thanks

·
Registered
24,406 Posts
You aren't doing anything different that you can control, but your hormones are doing a lot of things different - things that are out of your control. If I were you, I think I'd make sure to eat extra low-carb during the days approaching your period - try to offset the spike caused by hormones.

Are you using a low-carb way-of-eating at all?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You aren't doing anything different that you can control, but your hormones are doing a lot of things different - things that are out of your control. If I were you, I think I'd make sure to eat extra low-carb during the days approaching your period - try to offset the spike caused by hormones.

Are you using a low-carb way-of-eating at all?
yeah I eat a lot of fish and chicken and green veggies

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*update*
I called my doctor yesterday and she said it's all just due to stress and hormones around that time of the month and it should pass. Today I am feeling much better my numbers are back to normal <3 probably because I'm more relaxed now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.