Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blueberry Muffins

1 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
1 cup almond meal
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/4 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
1 cup sweetner ( I mix erythitol, Torani and stevia- I use about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
4 beaten eggs
a little coconut milk, soymilk or water to thin batter

frozen blueberries
chopped nuts

topping

2 T melted butter
1/2 cup splenda
2 t cinnamon

Mix all ingredients. Add blueberries and nuts . Pour into muffin tins ( I like the Silicone ones). If using the metal ones spray with Pam. Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter and dip in cinnamon/splenda mix.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fabulous!

Blueberry Muffins

1 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
1 cup almond meal
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/4 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
4 beaten eggs
a little coconut milk, soymilk or water to thin batter

frozen blueberries
chopped nuts

topping

2 T melted butter
1/2 cup splenda
2 t cinnamon

Mix all ingredients. Add blueberries and nuts . Pour into muffin tins ( I like the Silicone ones). If using the metal ones spray with Pam. Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter and dip in cinnamon/splenda mix.
I got up this morning wondering what I would have for breakfast seeing as how I have now been limited on my egg consumption due to health reasons. I found this recipe so I made a batch. They are delicious. I have one for breakfast with two sliced strawberries and a piece of cheese. Fantastic! Now, I'll see what my BG numbers do in two hours, but hoping it works!

·
Registered
741 Posts
great recipe :) can I ask a question about the silicone trays...do the muffins come out firm on the bottom I always assumes they'd be soggy

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just used a good old muffin tin and it worked well. I sprayed it with a bit of Pam and seemed to work fine. No mushy bottoms at all.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Blueberry Muffins

I see lots of recipes suggest mixing sweeteners ... Is it consistency, sweetening capability...? Would it work with just erythritol?

I'm sort of sensitive to the taste of sweeteners except erythritol, and wonder if the aftertaste is undetectable when mixed in baked goods like this.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My muffins are cooking as I type. I have a few questions.

How thick should the batter be?

Does each muffin hole need to be filled the exact same level?

Were you suppose to use muffin paper cups in each hole?

"When the knife comes out clean" Do you cook a knife with the muffins? :D Just Kidding...

bugg:)there almost ready

I just took them out...

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/Buggert21/IMG00178-20110603-0840.jpg

It's not all bad being sweet...

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/Buggert21/IMG00181-20110603-0907.jpg

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I sure don't know where I've been since this recipe was posted, but blueberry muffins are my MOST favorite muffin. I am going to make these this afternoon. Thank you so much for posting this recipe jwags :)

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
741 Posts
and thank you for bumping it :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
My OH just came inside from working in the yard and he says "Oh.....:) ...... what are you baking? hint, hint......(I want one as I'm a beggar) Sorry fella.....they aren't out of the oven anytime soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts