The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i dont know if this is the right thread for it.. but i just wanted to ask.. lately ive been having blurry vision.. i cant read stuff to close to me.. its most likely caused of my high blood sugar which is diabetes...

so im just wondering.. do i need glasses/lenses from now on? or would it go back to normal once i sort out my blood sugar?

thanks for any feedbacks guys...

=)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Once you get your blood sugar under control your vision should go back to normal. It is incredibly important to have a dilated eye exam done to make sure you haven't had any permanent damage done by high blood glucose.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I agree with Joshua. And your blood glucose needs to stay between 70-130 for your vision to improve.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Retinal examination is very important. I have already had one since diagnosis. Routinely it should be done every six months to one year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow thanks everyone... im only 21.. and ive been an athlete most of my life till recent years... having diabetes was a bit of a shock for me.. but thanks to you guys.. im learning to handle it day by day.. thanks everyone

·
Registered
114 Posts
wow thanks everyone... im only 21.. and ive been an athlete most of my life till recent years... having diabetes was a bit of a shock for me.. but thanks to you guys.. im learning to handle it day by day.. thanks everyone
This may sound silly, but examination of the feet is also important. Usually the Diabetic nurse in your local General practice will check it out every 6 mths or so. He/She will look for any sensory deficits and toe nail problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts