The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have only been a diabetic for two weeks now and I'm clueless about everything...

How long does this blurry vision last?? It's driving me crazy!! I can't even read all these food labels that I now have to know and understand.

Any info and tips would be great.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I had really high bs when I was dx'ed and my vision had gone wacky a month or so prior w/out my understanding why. I suddenly didn't need my glasses for distance, my progressives didn't work any longer.

After my bs started coming down, my vision went in the other direction. Everything was blurry - near and far - and the bottom of my progressives sort of worked for distance! I got woozy when I walked for any distance, and nobody's faces were in focus at any distance.

It took fully 2 months for my vision to right itself though after a few weeks I did see some improvement. My numbers were a lot higher than yours though I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Hang tight - you should be seeing some return to normalcy once your bs stabilizes at its new level. Meanwhile - magnifying glass?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank-you for the info.. I'm sure my bs was high for a long time. I work rotating 12 hour shifts and lived off of coke, candy bars, and energy drinks like red bull and monsters.

I mostly miss the coke, its was my favorite non-alcoholic drink.

My vision is doing the same thing yours. Everything is blurry, either near or far. Faces are blurry, and I had to buy a pair of readers from CVS just to be able to read...

Good news, my numbers do seem to be getting better. Today all my numbers had a 1 in front, no 200's at all... plus I posted my lowest number yet, this afternoon. A 135.

Thanks again for the advice.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My vision is doing the same thing yours. Everything is blurry, either near or far. Faces are blurry, and I had to buy a pair of readers from CVS just to be able to read...
That's just what I was ready to suggest, using readers until things get squared away. Thankfully they come in various strengths & aren't too expensive if you need more than one pair/strength. I think I have a pair of 1.75, 2.00 and 2.50 - lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shanny said:
That's just what I was ready to suggest, using readers until things get squared away. Thankfully they come in various strengths & aren't too expensive if you need more than one pair/strength. I think I have a pair of 1.75, 2.00 and 2.50 - lol.
LOL.... the pair I have are 2.00
Thanks for the advice. :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hate that feeling of blurry vision. I find myself at work squinting my eyes trying to see and everything is blurry. I know that I have high levels. I will be so glad when this disappears for me.

·
Registered
916 Posts
So I have only been a diabetic for two weeks now and I'm clueless about everything...

How long does this blurry vision last?? It's driving me crazy!! I can't even read all these food labels that I now have to know and understand.

Any info and tips would be great.
Thanks
I would suggest a eye Dr. I go once a yr for my retinopathy check up. I am not going to play with my eyesight..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts