The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I have posted. I had a facial mass for several months. I had to have a biopsy to rule out cancer. It came back that I had a bone infection that is coming from a broken tooth. I did not have any tooth aches-- just swelling in the jaw. So I have got to have oral surgery to remove the tooth. The dentist said I have sinus cavities that hang low and that might make my recovery time longer. Also being a diabetic don't help. The dentist could not tell if my nerves were before or after the infected tooth.My mom is really worried because I have infection in the bone. As anyone had any of these symptoms and if so how did it go? I have to be on infection medicine a while. All comments are welcome. Thanks to all in advance. I pray you all are doing well.

·
Super Moderator
9,940 Posts
No experience with this either, but just generally the lower you keep your BG (in a normal range) the quicker you will heal. Even if already low carb, you might want to consider further reduction of the carbs.

As far as being on antibiotics, you might want to also consider eating more pro and prebiotic foods and possibly supplement.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have no advice on the bone infection, but antibiotics can affect your blood sugar, so please test more often. If you find your numbers rising, give your doc or diabetic educator a call. Sometimes, like with steroids, they temporarily put you on insulin. But it all depends on where you are starting from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts