The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was a little bored at work today and thought I might do something useful. I have kept a log of everything I have eaten since I was diagnosed, but keeping it in a notebook just didn't seem to be working for me. There were a few things that I wanted to be able to make sure I remembered everyday so I made myself a log in excel.
I always keep my BG numbers in my notebook and in a dedicated BG and medication log, so that is why there is not a dedicated place for it on the spreadsheet.
If anyone has any suggestions, they are more than welcome to share. Also, if anybody, probably new diabetics, wants to use it as there own, you are more than welcome to copy it.
I will let you know how I like it after a week or two.
Thanks,
Josh
P.S. It is full size and is intended to go in a three ring type notebook. I carry a backpack with me everywhere, so this will not be an issue for me. But if someone needs it resized to a smaller size, I would be more than happy to see what I could do.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
That is a great idea Josh. I keep a carefully log too, but nothing fancy like yours. A log enables us to see where we need to make appropriate changes in our diabetes management. With a pump I can see where I need to change carb intake, carb ratios, insulin dosages, insulin sensitivities, exercise, etc. I sometimes get everythiing going very well, then things change and it is back to the drawing board. The story of my life (64 years of type 1). The log makes it much easier to see what changes are needed.

Keep up your good work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts