The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know of an OK bread to eat?? Or maybe a wrap? I love to eat sandwiches but the bread I eat now Freaks my BGL out. Can any1 please tell me what kind to buy?
Thanks all,
Bruno

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shanny,
Thank you so VERY much for the great info!! ... And that site looks like a great place to compare foods insted of hanging out @ the super market for 3 hours looking for the best breat to buy. The potato bread I was buying seemed better then all the wraps I was looking at. Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm also using a program on my desktop & Iphone called Diabeties Pilot and its all starting to come together.. I can't thank you for all you help!!
Blessings,
Bruno Jr.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I just always buy the lowest carb whole grain bread or wrap I can find. I have found a few brands around 9-11 carbs per slice. Bread is always tricky...too bad because I really love it :(

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Shanny,
Thank you so VERY much for the great info!! ... And that site looks like a great place to compare foods insted of hanging out @ the super market for 3 hours looking for the best breat to buy. The potato bread I was buying seemed better then all the wraps I was looking at. Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm also using a program on my desktop & Iphone called Diabeties Pilot and its all starting to come together.. I can't thank you for all you help!!
Blessings,
Bruno Jr.
Bruno-I use the Diabeties Pilot and it is a great tool. The only problem is that you have to enter all the information. My doctor is very pleased to see the different charts and graphs to show him what my blood sugar is doing. I hang out at the grocery store a couple times a week and I must confess that I spend alot of time in the bread isle. I guess I am looking for a miracle bread that tastes good and is low in carbs-I don't think it exists! :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If you find it please let me know! I want something that tastes as wonderful as fresh white bread steaming out of the oven....have less than 10 carbs and doesnt taste like cardboard. (if I am going to dream..I might as well dream big)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If you find it please let me know! I want something that tastes as wonderful as fresh white bread steaming out of the oven....have less than 10 carbs and doesnt taste like cardboard. (if I am going to dream..I might as well dream big)
Hey, since we are talking about bread and I am beginning to drool, how about the dinner rolls at Bob Evans & O'Charley's? I also love the asiago cheese bagels at Panera!

·
Banned
31 Posts
huy all,I hope the information you all can benefit from

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hey, since we are talking about bread and I am beginning to drool, how about the dinner rolls at Bob Evans & O'Charley's? I also love the asiago cheese bagels at Panera!
Cheese biscuits at Red Lobster.....*drool*

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
just say NO to bread!

·
Banned
31 Posts
you try to visit my contact info onaughma

1 - 11 of 11 Posts