The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
710 Posts
The other day I had such a cold cereal craving!!! In the back of my mind I remembered that MCS had posted a recipe quite a while ago. A quick search and I found it! I added some hemp, chia and flaxseeds, as well as a little oatbran and a lot of cinnamon, cranked up the oven and let it bake. Like the respondents to the original thread, I could barely contain myself when it came out of the oven....yummmmmm. The coconut oil and nuts make it pretty rich, so I found I didn't need to eat a lot to feel completely satisfied.

If you like cold cereal for breakfast - try this recipe! Thanks, Marty.

Jen

· Registered
710 Posts
Yeah - oatmeal was pretty tough on my blood sugar and required too much insulin. This recipe is great - what a great find! I've tested it all week using a half cup of cereal, and have included 35 grams of blackberries (1.5 net carbs), 44 grams of strawberries (2.5 net carbs) and about 17 grams of blueberries (1.9 net carbs) plus almond/coconut milk. Yum!

I'm still tweaking my bolus, as I'm a bit insulin resistant in the a.m., but so far it looks like between 1.5 and 2.0 units of Novolog does the trick.

To HisWinterRose: Try one of these beverages with some lower carb cereal (they all come in unsweetened versions): Almond milk, almond/coconut milk, or coconut milk. That water sounds ghastly....

Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.