The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, I don't know about 'groovy' but I like to have oatmeal sometimes. I also like a high fiber cereal (like Fiber One) with soy milk. Sometimes its eggs, bacon and some toast. I also have been known to have a sandwich at breakfast or some leftovers from dinner the night before. I'm sure someone more creative will come along.

J

·
0 Posts
My standard breakfast is two eggs, one piece on bacon, and a couple of waffles that my wife makes with cinnamon, instead of sugar free syrup. If i do have sugar free syrup, it's either Smuckers, or Log Cabin sugar free.

I then bolus for 45 carbs., and my blood goes up to the 160 range, instead of the 140 range two hours after I eat. But it's still within the ADA range.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Porkroll (Hatfield, pre-sliced, pre-cooked), egg (poached in microwave), Benecol Lite, flaxseed meal, cheese (American), and Tabasco on English Muffin (Thomas, double fiber, no high fructose corn syrup).
And a Centrum multivitamin.
For drink; only water.

I've been having this nearly identical breakfast every morning since being diagnosed as a type 2 this past January. I have made small changes to it over time.
When I was first diagnosed the important thing was to actually have breakfast.
Due to the type of work I did for a living; it was not uncommon to only eat once a day. And breakfast was usually skipped. But once I was DX'd I have not missed breakfast even once. AND I make it at home instead of cafe at work or McDonalds.

At first (January) it was simply porkroll, egg, and cheese on an English muffin.
After diabetes education class (February) the Benecol Lite and double fiber English muffin were added in March.
Flaxseed added in early April.
Tabasco added in late April.

Now six months later; I'm finally starting to get bored with this same breakfast.
My first change will be to swap the porkroll for Hatfield's Canadian Ham.
And probably change the type of cheese. Maybe Muenster ?

Reactions: dimplestoday

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tofu scramble....lots of recipes if you do a search. Basically sautee some onions, mushrooms, red pepper,spinach etc. then crumble in some firm tofu and what ever spices you like (curry powder, tumeric, soya sauce, salsa etc.). Dice in some ham, wrap it in a whole grain tortilla and you're good to go. I've also been eating fish for breakfast (most asian countries have fish for breakfast - and they have the lowest rates of diabetes). Get some canned sardines in spring water (or salmon, tuna, mackeral), mash 'em up add some green tomato salsa and put it on a piece of toasted whole grain bread and top with some lettuce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts