The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys!

I've had a mishap last night; when my reservoir was low and I needed to change it, I dropped my new vial of insulin on the ceramic floor. There was no way I could salvage any of it and I had only 4 or so hours left of insulin. I went to bed, prioritizing my son's sleep over my health.

But when I woke up this morning I had a reading of 5.2!! (92.7mg) huh? I'm kind of puzzled about this! After 10 hours I would have expected a much higher reading but no... So I have two conclusions; Either I had a low during the night or my reservoir lied to me and there was more than just 4.4 units left.

Do you know if there's an "emergency" few drops left in the reservoir and it could lie just to be careful?

Aside from a huge headache I had no complications, thank god. But I blame the headache on reading almost 200 page of the hunger games. Hah!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If you don't take good care of yourself, who is going to be there to take care of your son?

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strawberry, you know how many times I've been told that? Hahaha! I know I should take better care of myself, and trust me, most times I do! but this is one of the few times where I've let him sleep over my health.

But you are very right! And sometimes I tend to forget it!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If you went into DKA and were not able to summon help, who would be there for your son since your husband is away quite often. Doesn't the chemist allow you to have more than 1 vial?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I know... But I doubt I would die unless I hadn't been taking care of my diabetes for a long time huh? Lol this WAS my extra vial it was a new one and was to get new ones this morning too.

Anyway all is well now! And yes, I promise, if it happens again I will put myself first to be there for my son always ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi guys!

I've had a mishap last night; when my reservoir was low and I needed to change it, I dropped my new vial of insulin on the ceramic floor. There was no way I could salvage any of it and I had only 4 or so hours left of insulin. I went to bed, prioritizing my son's sleep over my health.

But when I woke up this morning I had a reading of 5.2!! (92.7mg) huh? I'm kind of puzzled about this! After 10 hours I would have expected a much higher reading but no... So I have two conclusions; Either I had a low during the night or my reservoir lied to me and there was more than just 4.4 units left.

Do you know if there's an "emergency" few drops left in the reservoir and it could lie just to be careful?

Aside from a huge headache I had no complications, thank god. But I blame the headache on reading almost 200 page of the hunger games. Hah!

Good Book. I'm reading it now. I see that they have also made a movie out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts