The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ultra onetouch mini that i use daily and contour for back up i carry that in my purse went to test this morning and my meter gave me a reaading 398 but my contour said 127 i have no ideal what one to belive only smyptoms am feeling i feel crappy, headache, nausa some fruity breath i can not test my urine i dont have the kit to do it any one know what i should do or what meter to belive

·
Registered
663 Posts
Diagnostics.

Have you been diagnosed yet? and the figure between meters is quite a difference Do the test again with clean hands and compare the meters.
What other symptoms do you have like loss of weight with no effort and always hungry, Thirsty, Tiered most of the time, No energy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
ha

I have a ultra onetouch mini that i use daily and contour for back up i carry that in my purse went to test this morning and my meter gave me a reaading 398 but my contour said 127 i have no ideal what one to belive only smyptoms am feeling i feel crappy, headache, nausa some fruity breath i can not test my urine i dont have the kit to do it any one know what i should do or what meter to belive
I have that same problem with my bayer contour and my accu chek aviva.I would run a control test to see if there were both in range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The symptoms seem to match a high reading, but like the rest here, you need to retest to make sure. Also if you get a big difference in numbers, one of your meters might need new batteries. I know I have the one touch ultra mini and the one touch ultra 2 and I have checked them against each other, they are only a few points off from each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts