The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. It's 10.45pm here in australia. I have just got into bed. My BSL is 11. A bit higher then normal for my night time reading. Still trying to get used to this whole insulin thing and the foods I eat to keep my levels down.
Went to doctor this morning he is very happy with my levels. We still trial and error at the moment with the insulin to see what works best for me. He has jacked my morning units from 16 to 18 units and has left my night time one at 14 units.
Let's see how this goes. I have had 2 hypos since being on insulin. Just hope jacking this morning one up 2 units gives me any more.
Anyways off to bed. Got lovely work tomorrow lol. 2 more days and it's the weekend. Woot woot. Hehe.

Sent from Lisa's iPhone using Diabetes App

G

·
I hope the dosage changes works out for you too Lisa. It's such a science figuring this thing out at times. My bed BGL fluctuates a lot. I can be sitting on 5.5, then again I can be sitting on 11 too. My BGLs go up and down throughout the day. But I have constant indigestion... so I reckon that plays a huge part in all this... makes it a bit tricky.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. I'm happy my BSL have been under 10 all day. Havnt tested tonight thou will do that soon. My doctor said that for the moment we just aiming to keep it under 10. :)

G

·
Yea. I'm happy my BSL have been under 10 all day. Havnt tested tonight thou will do that soon. My doctor said that for the moment we just aiming to keep it under 10. :)

yep, that's good. :D I was told the same thing. I know others here say the max should be 7.7. I would like to be able to do that. Sometimes I get better days than others for sure. I go as low as 3.7 and as high as 14 (rarely)... I'm probably averaging 7 most days I reckon at the moment which is a slight improvement. My best reading is in the morning... but sometimes I get the opposite. I used to get regular 15-17 BGL at bedtime when my oral meds weren't working on me... then I got put on insulin... noticed the improvement for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts