Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Buh-bye, Food Pyramid!

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  bigrosiegreenbaum 
#1 · (Edited)
#9 ·
So half my plate covered in fruit and veg... large fries and ketchup please... oh with a big glass of OJ to wash it all down!

#13 · (Edited)
So they're gonna abolish the pyramid scheme, and replace it with a food frisbee? :evil:

Ooops ... did I type that out loud?

Will keep open mind. 'Til Thursday. :angel:

Mind you, frisbee tossing is great fun, and it's good for you, too! :evil:

Reactions: fgummett and foxl
#15 ·
Prett-tty frisbee! :hippie:

And it comes with a mini-frisbee too!

Hmmmm ... according to the article, the food categories don't represent proportions. OK. But if that's true, why not make 'em all equal?

Now I wanna find a nice, big park to play in!

#16 ·
I thought it was a schematic for the Mother-Ship and a local inter-planetary transport shuttle? :hippie:

AND only a fork on view... how am I supposed to cut my steak???

Reactions: Shalynne and Shanny
#18 ·
Seriously I wonder about the fork only... there is a new film making the rounds Forks Over Knives featuring, among others T. Colin Campbell and his The China Study (as thoroughly discredited in my view by Denise Minger here).
The feature film Forks Over Knives examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
It has strong vegetarian message and while I applaud the rejection of processed foods and have no beef (pun intended) with those who choose a vegetarian diet I am wary of it being pushed as the best way forward for all.

So hopefully this is just me being paranoid in picking up on this solitary fork symbol in the new USDA plate thingy. Just remember though that even if you are paranoid they may still be following you :eek:

#19 ·
Seriously I wonder about the fork only... there is a new film making the rounds Forks Over Knives featuring, among others T. Colin Campbell and his The China Study (as thoroughly discredited in my view by Denise Minger here).
Thanks for the URL. Have started reading!

It has strong vegetarian message and while I applaud the rejection of processed foods and have no beef (pun intended) with those who choose a vegetarian diet I am wary of it being pushed as the best way forward for all.
There is no One True Diet. If any lessons have been successfully smashed into my brain since diagnosis, that's gotta be the one.

So hopefully this is just me being paranoid in picking up on this solitary fork symbol in the new USDA plate thingy. Just remember though that even if you are paranoid they may still be following you :eek:
THEY won't be satisfied until we all dribble our soup!

Reactions: fgummett
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.