The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I tried a new recipe all because I had a cauliflower that needed to be used so I went searching for a nice recipe and this is what I found - -

It is a Woolworths recipe and one of the ingredients was cauliflower that ended up being 'cauliflower rice'.

I had never made cauliflower rice and I had almost all the other ingredients on hand so I made myself a most enjoyable dinner and the recipe is certainly a 'keeper' and I hope you will try it too.
I didn't have a leek so substituted finely diced onion instead.

SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE.

800 grams cauliflower, chopped
1 leek, finely sliced
6 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
4 tbs cream
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
12 scallops, shelled
2 tbs parsley, fresh, chopped

Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Heat a tablespoon of butter and a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium heat and cook the leeks and cauliflower for 8 minutes, stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.

Stir in the cream and a pinch of lemon zest and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, swirling often, until it foams, turns a rich brown colour and smells nutty. Pour into a heatproof bowl and set aside.

Heat the remaining butter and oil in a large non stick pan on medium high heat and cook the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side.

Serve the scallops on a bed of cauliflower rice with fresh chopped parsley, lemon zest and a drizzle of brown butter on top.

Do try my recipes as I am sure you will love it as much as I did.

This is my dinner plate.
Food Plant Tableware Fruit Ingredient

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
Looks good. You should be able to find other recipes for cauliflower in the forums recipe section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last night I tried a new recipe all because I had a cauliflower that needed to be used so I went searching for a nice recipe and this is what I found - -

It is a Woolworths recipe and one of the ingredients was cauliflower that ended up being 'cauliflower rice'.

I had never made cauliflower rice and I had almost all the other ingredients on hand so I made myself a most enjoyable dinner and the recipe is certainly a 'keeper' and I hope you will try it too.
I didn't have a leek so substituted finely diced onion instead.

SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE.

800 grams cauliflower, chopped
1 leek, finely sliced
6 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
4 tbs cream
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
12 scallops, shelled
2 tbs parsley, fresh, chopped

Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Heat a tablespoon of butter and a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium heat and cook the leeks and cauliflower for 8 minutes, stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.

Stir in the cream and a pinch of lemon zest and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, swirling often, until it foams, turns a rich brown colour and smells nutty. Pour into a heatproof bowl and set aside.

Heat the remaining butter and oil in a large non stick pan on medium high heat and cook the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side.

Serve the scallops on a bed of cauliflower rice with fresh chopped parsley, lemon zest and a drizzle of brown butter on top.

Do try my recipes as I am sure you will love it as much as I did.

This is my dinner plate.
Food Plant Tableware Fruit Ingredient
if you use meat that comes with flavor like bacon or ham you dont need seasoning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts