The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Administrator
My first question is, are you looking for a meal or a snack?

But there are some foods that could fill either need depending on your eating plan. Hard-boiled eggs could serve as a proper breakfast or a substantial snack. Lately I've been getting into these egg-white wraps which look like tortillas made with egg whites (and probably lots of other non-whole-food ingredients); a little butter or even peanut butter and some seasoning and it's like having a few bites of a bagel. Cheese is another popular snack; the protein can satisfy hunger for a fairly long time. Sometimes I like to have some vegetables, too, like celery sticks or cucumber slices orr pepper rings or even pickles. Pickles, maybe, are not the most compatible snack with coffee but it's all down to what a person likes, eh? 馃檪

Administrator
bundyanne, you might also use your favorite Web search tool to look for the phrase keto cakes (or cookies or biscuits). There are many recipes out there adapted with ingredients like almond flour and eggs and cream cheese that more closely mimic tradtional carb-laden baked goods.

Administrator
I think I've tried them somewhere along the line. I liked them. Hard to find up nort' here, though. We don't have Krogers (we don't have any national chains except for Target (natch) and Walmart; kind of an oddity in that respect). There are some supermarket chains that don't carry any brands of pork rinds, never mind the good ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts