The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after recently being put on insulin to control my diabetes, as a generally busy and quite forgetful I purchased the Cadex watch from a company called e-pill. This gumpf on the device was great, 12 alarms to remind me when to snack, data bank to help paramedics etc. It was quite expensive but it should do the job. Unfortunately I have had numerous problems with it. Pretty much when it felt like it the display would go blank and then return with all the programming missing or deleted, the data bank would not display properly and in fact would switch back to the alarm bank etc. I thought I would check out if anyone else has had similar problems?

I contacted the company e-pill and they requested my phone number saying they would go through the programming with me, whilst I had zero problems with the programming I felt I should give them the opportunity to help. I sent them my number and they did not call back. They then replied stating I had given them the wrong phone number, I checked the 'sent' email and it was correct. When I pointed this out they refused to answer me via phone or email!

I am very disappointed with them thus far and wanted to know if I have simply been ripped off, or perhaps they are a genuine company with a twat on the email section?

Many thanks in advance.

DaveMH

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I can't vouch for or against the company but I just wonder if a simple smartphone wouldn't serve the same purpose? My iPhone can have any number of separate alarms or I can set a reminder in the Calendar app to sound an alarm to remind me to do a certain task. I have mine set to remind me to take my meds each day and it has gone off like clockwork for the past 81 days straight. You could also write any important info into the Notes app for paramedics (although I'm sure there is a better app to notify paramedics to your condition). None of this helps with your present problem but if that doesn't pan out, then you could try the smartphone option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the reply, I use my phone exactly as you do and in fact use a great app called 'ON TRACK' (mine is on Android) however, I often leave the phone at home/in the car/on the boat etc. I have not worn a watch for years but I guessed that the Cadex would be the panacea to all my problems, I would only take it off to shower or wash/shave. But it has thus far turned out to be an expensive lesson. I am hoping e-pill will stand by their advert for a thirty day money back guarantee.

Thanks again for your input

Dave MH

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
They sell these on Amazon in the USA and overall the reviews are not bad. A couple of people have returned their watch when they had a problem apparently with no hassle. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your input

The concept is great and having a faulty unit no big deal, but to ignore your customers?

Dave MH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts