The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should probably give up alcohol.

It was a beautiful day so I decided to ride my motorcycle to Sauble Bay, catch a few rays, have a couple of cold ones and dance naked around the fire.

First and foremost I always take a 2 hour hike. I have become addicted to the cardio.

So what's the first thing you do when you get back to the cottage?
You make a drink and start a fire. The first drink goes fast so you make another. When you are on vacation you don't measure your drinks using shot glasses. You put some ice cubes in a tall glass and pour whiskey into it. Glug, glug glug and top it off with some diet soda pop. I heard that my body absorbs liquids at twice the rate because of all the cardio I do. That with the glug glug glug and the fact that I am a diabetic seems to be a problem.
Before the fire became hot enough for the sausages I was told I blacked out and hit the deck like a sack of potatoes. The guys were upset that they didn't capture that on camera. They wanted to put that on youtube. I don't remember a thing. Woke up in the bathtub. Still don't remember a thing. I'm thinking the alcohol brought me down to an unacceptable level of BG.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I should probably give up alcohol.

It was a beautiful day so I decided to ride my motorcycle to Sauble Bay, catch a few rays, have a couple of cold ones and dance naked around the fire.

First and foremost I always take a 2 hour hike. I have become addicted to the cardio.

So what's the first thing you do when you get back to the cottage?
You make a drink and start a fire. The first drink goes fast so you make another. When you are on vacation you don't measure your drinks using shot glasses. You put some ice cubes in a tall glass and pour whiskey into it. Glug, glug glug and top it off with some diet soda pop. I heard that my body absorbs liquids at twice the rate because of all the cardio I do. That with the glug glug glug and the fact that I am a diabetic seems to be a problem.
Before the fire became hot enough for the sausages I was told I blacked out and hit the deck like a sack of potatoes. The guys were upset that they didn't capture that on camera. They wanted to put that on youtube. I don't remember a thing. Woke up in the bathtub. Still don't remember a thing. I'm thinking the alcohol brought me down to an unacceptable level of BG.
I'm not sure how much cardio is involved with riding a motorcycle but I do belive that alcohol can potentiate some of the effects of your meds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how much cardio is involved with riding a motorcycle but I do belive that alcohol can potentiate some of the effects of your meds.
LOL
I jogged for 2 hours after I got there and before the fire dance.

I did not take my meds because I had some drinks. I don't recall ever seen a med bottle with the warning 'please take with alcohol'.

KB

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Alcohol can lower blood sugar all by its lonesome, and I find the level to be unpredictable. Sooooo if I have more than a small glass of red wine (after testing to make sure I'm not already low), I make sure to have some protein to go with it.

Bummer, no?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts