The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
The supplements you see listed in my signature have various purposes, from the R-ALA (insulow) which helps regulate BGL, to the fish oil which helps regulate lipids. I take calcium/vitamin D because I'm an old woman who wants to maintain strong bones yet can no longer drink milk because of the carb content, and I take extra B12 because I'm on metformin & it can impair the absorption of B12.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Also,

I'd strongly suggest you find a name brand Milk Thistle with Silymarin. This supplement will work to help your liver remove toxins from your system. I have used it for 25 years now, and while it took nearly ten years, my liver enzymes showed improvement with every test. For the past fifteen years, it is showing numbers that my doctor says someone my age should not have.

Good question, I hope someone else has some info on supplements I don't know about. I can always learn more.

BTW, this is my own opinion. I tried cinnamon for a period of one year, and it never stabilized my BS numbers. It just made me crave Cinnabuns. :D

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have found the best way to remove toxins from liver is to eat a Clean diet, free of chemicals, preservatives and fake ingredients. I try to eat as natural as possible. I have found since swtching to hormone, antibiotic free meat and eggs my bgs have been a lot more stable. This tells me my liver and pancreas are working better. I have tried most of the supplements out there and really don't find they reduce bgs. The only ones I take now are CoQ10, melatonin, B 12 and Vitamin D. I do take Calcium, since I don't drink milk.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have some de-tox teas that contain Milk Thistle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts