The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends

I am having bad cold for last 2 days. I have noticed that my BS levels are bit higher as compared to normal day. In normal days By BS level at random is around 100-105, and last couple of days its around 110-120. Is that OK?

Thanks
Varun, Age-28
Diagnosed in Jun 2013
HBA1C - 11.30, 5.9

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Yep,

Linda has it right. In fact I've found that my blood glucose goes up a day or two before I show any cold symptoms and takes a day or two after they've gone before it drops back to normal.

My hike is usually on the high side of 10%.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What should i do? I took 1 60 ml of scotch. will that help. as i have noticed that whenever i have little amount of alcohol. it helps me reduce BG? May be i am terrible wrong :confused: .
Please advise.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Alcohol is a poison. In moderation it will appear to help restrain your blood sugar - but that's really only because your liver is focused on the priority issue - dealing with the toxin!

However, as long as you keep the quantity down, it may help - psychologically if in no other way - by drowning the symptoms.

Sorry, but the only cure I know for a cold is an old Scots one - "keep it 'till it's better.":(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alcohol is a poison. In moderation it will appear to help restrain your blood sugar - but that's really only because your liver is focused on the priority issue - dealing with the toxin!

However, as long as you keep the quantity down, it may help - psychologically if in no other way - by drowning the symptoms.

Sorry, but the only cure I know for a cold is an old Scots one - "keep it 'till it's better.":(
Thanks for the info. i m an occasional drinker, but will put check on it.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts