The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I'm from India. My father is Diabetic. We purchased a glucometer recently so he could monitor his Blood glucose levels himself. Recently, my father went to his doctor for a regular checkup, where his blood glucose level was measured by the doctor. The recorded reading was 215 Mg/dL. When he returned home, he did another test in his glucometer. To his surprise the glucometer read 125 mg/dL!! In order to cross check he took another test on his glucometer. Now it showed 95 mg/dL!! This concerned him and he called up the agent who sold him this glucometer and reported this case. The sales agent told him that on successive blood sugar level tests, the readings could vary. However the agent had no good answer when we said that the variation is close to around 100mg/dL. Not convinced we asked the agent to replace the glucometer. The agent took it and returned it back to us after a few days saying that he has repaired it (calibrated it) so that it gives correct readings now. However, I am not too convinced as I dont think this unit can be calibrated, as it is pretty much micro-chip driven. I googled the internet enough to see similary such cases, but without any luck :(

I'd like to know if this agent is speaking the truth or is just plain lying. Moreover, I do not want my father to depend on a faulty glucometer. His daily planning is dependant on it. Can someone go calibrating a glucometer when a fault is reported? Pls share your thoughts. Any help is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for your response. The model is EZ Test from Braun.

I have googled the net for the product's guide. Its not on the net :(

I fyou have any data on this model, kindly pass on.

thanks again!

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.