The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doctor told me my level was jut over 200 or something and that technically I have diabetes. Not the one where I need shots. I really like to eat watermelon and papaya, is that bad for me now?

where can i get a list of fruit i can eat?

Thank you for helping. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My doctor told me my level was jut over 200 or something and that technically I have diabetes. Not the one where I need shots. I really like to eat watermelon and papaya, is that bad for me now?

where can i get a list of fruit i can eat?

Thank you for helping. :)
Your doctor sounds like he is not being very forthcoming on some things. Can you tell us if you have been tested for diabetes, or is this just an assumption on your doctor's part.

I am diabetic, and don't need shots, or medications. At least not yet.

You need a fasting glucose test and your A1c tested so you can find out where you stand. It sounds like you need some free education on diabetes, and we can offer you that, but only if you want it :) No one is going to force feed you something you aren't wanting to know.

The answer to your question is, a diabetic uses a glucose meter, and that is how he finds out what he can, and cannot eat. Many can eat fruits that others cannot go near. There is no such thing as a list of foods that all diabetics can eat. Its a highly personal disease, and depending on where you are in in its progression, you may or may not be able to eat certain foods.

Can you give us more information, like test results, and do you test with a meter? Until you know what watermelon actually does to your blood sugar, I wouldn't recommend that you eat it. 200 is a pretty high number.

Fill us in a bit more? :)

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts