The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dr. Terry Wahls learned how to properly fuel her body. Using the lessons she learned at the subcellular level, she used diet to cure her MS and get out of her wheelchair.
This was another treasure I found by reading Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's The Diet Doctor blog. As he puts it...
Dr Terry Wahls developed severe MS and despite cutting-edge medication she got worse and worse. A few years ago she could hardly move, couldn’t get out of her special chair. Then she started eating real food, hard-core Paleo. Probably the healthiest food you could find. She didn’t have time to discuss it in her talk but she also started taking vitamin D. She emulated a hunter-gatherer life.

Now, a couple of years later, she is walking, bicycling and riding again. Pretty amazing.

This is just an anecdote, it doesn’t really prove anything by itself. But there are many reasons to believe that our modern lifestyles and modern junk food is making millions of people sick. Dr Wahl’s story is a fantastic illustration of what could be possible.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have heard before that people who have MS do benefit from a wheat free diet, but whether that is curing it or just managing symptoms, I am not sure. I think it is like diabetes , many of us can lower bgs to almost normal with change of diet.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
As with any disease that is improved with diet/lifestyle changes, you can always argue if it's a cure or not. Since they can't go back to how things were before, how can it be a cure? It's a fun word to argue over. :)

Considering she went from being wheelchair bound, unable to even sit in a chair and moving towards living the life of a quadriplegic, going from there to where she is now, I can't fault her for saying she is "cured".

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Many people with different diseases can get a better life if they find the right diet and lifestyle for them, but it is wrong to say they are cured.
Its the same with diabetes type 2; correct diet and exercise can give a life without medication or jyst a small amount medication, but are they cured?
I think they just learned to control it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think you can expect Terry Wahls to be buried by Big Pharma and the Rockefeller Group just as they did to her predecessor Johanna Budwig 60 years ago.

They have known this works for ages and that it does not require very expensive drugs and works better than drugs. Nutritional medicine has been virtually outlawed by the drug companies and you can be imprisoned for even suggesting that nutrition can remedy disease.

The bottom line is that there is no money in nutritional medicine for Big Pharma and they can and do oppose it.

"Prosecution

After creating and using the "Budwig Protocol" on a number of patients, Budwig was "prosecuted by the medical establishment for malpractice" in Germany for having used flax oil on patients, even though they had untreatable cancers. Though there were many court cases filed against her, "in each instance the courts exonerated her because case histories supported the benefits of her treatment methods."[9]"

REF: Johanna Budwig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

REF: Dr Johanna Budwig Biography - Budwig Center

ColaJim

PS: after writing this I noticed that there is no mention of my 3 cups of veggies in my log for the last two days! :mad: Cooking some now.

Reactions: smorgan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts