The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can tell if my BG is higher than 150 because my heart races. My all time highest number is 361.....and I was very sleepy! My brother is pre-diabetic and feels 'woozy' over 140. Anyone else?

·
Registered
203 Posts
That Must Be Some Gift!

I can tell if my BG is higher than 150 because my heart races. My all time highest number is 361.....and I was very sleepy! My brother is pre-diabetic and feels 'woozy' over 140. Anyone else?
I only wish I could tell when I'm high. The low is filled with many exciting symptoms, but going up puts out no indicators. Count yourself lucky, I think!

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I was diagnosed in 1945, and very little was known about diabetes management, so I was high almost all the time. It felt normal fom many years. Now I am a pumper and have very few highs, so it is no longer normal. I have a yukky feeling when I am running above 140-150. I would really feel sick if I was over 170.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
righteousdude2 said:
I only wish I could tell when I'm high. The low is filled with many exciting symptoms, but going up puts out no indicators. Count yourself lucky, I think!

Pastor Paul
For me, at night, heart racing = insomnia. So not very lucky! Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes! My heart races, I get exhausted and need a nap at that exact moment. it hurts to blink, i get all claustrophobic like and "need air". Usually I'm around 150-160 when that happens....but i was told it was normal

When I'm low it's kinda the same...but that's when I get thirsty and my stomach churns. That's around 60's and it's only happened once or twice

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't know when I am high, and I don't know when I am low. Unawareness is not good.

G

·
well the only things I've noticed is a need for the loo more often when BGLs are high.... and often it's I feel I need to but don't hardly go... plus I feel more tired than usual sometimes. I get plenty of symptoms though when low, which can include heart palpitations that I find a bit scary... don't like going either way really. Was going to ask... does anyone else notice they spin out in the early hours of the morning? I get that really light headed (not sleepy) horrible feeling... I think I may go a bit too low. I usually feel aweful in the morning after I've noticed this... often I'm only half waking up with it though. It's a balancing act for all of us.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I get real tired and achy. The joints that usually kinda hurt really start to hurt, thirsty, have to pee a lot and a headache with like a white noise in my ears, elevated heart rate. My vision gets even worse as well.
Some of the same symptoms apply with the lows too but with the lows throw in the shakiness and stomach ache. The headache comes afterwards, after I've gotten it back up.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yes I can usually tell. I get flushed, hot and start to sweat. (different feeling than the low sweats) I also get a terrible case of cotton mouth and I usually get very sleepy. I dont usually feel that way though unless I am over 250

1 - 10 of 10 Posts