The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are some things that don't translate well to low carb. For instance, I'm still searching for a decent pancake sub that doesn't turn into mush.

If I'm not supposed to be posting recipes on here, just holler and I'll remove. I just have to share these. Danielle Walker is a "Paleo" recipe developer but sugar subs with just a touch of blackstrap molasses works just fine in these cookies. I know. They're hands down my favorite -- and I'm not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies!

https://www.facebook.com/AgainstAll...25752.113748785372900/634435266637580/?type=1

Real Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Danielle Walker of "Against All Grain" fame:

¼ cup palm shortening, ghee, or grass-fed butter
¼ cup coconut palm sugar (I use 1/8 C Swerve 1/8 C sucralose + 1 Tbsp molasses)
2 tablespoons honey (sub S/F honey if you like)
1 large egg, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup dark chocolate pieces
¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (I usually add cacao nibs and pecans)

Pulse the palm shortening and egg in food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients in order, stirring the chocolate (and nuts, if you want) in by hand.

Bake in 350-degree oven for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden with slight browning around the edges.

Her recipe says it makes 12 cookies, and I ran it through SparkPeople's recipe calculator and I come up with 11.5 g carbohydrate/2.7 g fiber. I know it's a lot for some, but SP doesn't calculate out sugar alcohols and these are meant to be treats.

I hope you enjoy! :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have you done protein powder pancakes? I have to halve the amount of powder, but a combination of that and Honeyville almond flour (the ultra-fine brand) seems to hold up very well. a search on the Inter-web-thingy should bring up a number of options.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh! Thank you! I'll have to give those a try!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts