The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello and welcome to Diabetes Forum! I had this same problem in the 1990's when I started using modern day insulins. The insulin caused me to gain 57 pounds over a three year interval. That caused me to become insulin resistant, a characteristic of Type 2 diabetes. I was a Type 1 with insulin resistance. That is called "double diabetes". I was given a Type 2 med (Avandia) and continued using my insulin as usual.

I bought a treadmill and used it every day while gradually increasing the speeds and the incline. My leg muscles became stronger. That spring I started walking outdoors, three miles in one hour on roads with hills. I lost most of my weight I had gained that year. In the meantime I have reduced my carb intake to 130g per day. That requires less insulin. By lowering the insulin dosages you will find it much easier to lose weight. I have a friend who eats only 80g of carbs per day. He had much weight to lose. That has worked very well for him. Good luck with your weight problem. Ask all the questions you want.

Richard

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Just looked him up. Sounds impressive:

"America's Best Known Adult Stem Cell Scientist Christian Drapeau Reports on The Biggest Health Breakthroughs of Our Times – Adult StemCells and Adult Stem ..."

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
You can click on "Private Messages" on the upper right part of the page. No one but us would see our conversations there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.