The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed what I was told by my dietitian, 180 grams of carbohydrate a day. 12 years later I had gained 50 pounds.

I cut back on my carbohydrates to 80 per day, and lost 35 pounds in 8 months. 4 1/2 years later I am down 43 pounds.

And..... 19 A1c's in a row of 5.4 or lower.

-Lloyd

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think many of us have found out the same thing. Less carbs equals better bg control and better weight control. I wonder when they will start telling new diabetics that they need to experiment with different levels of carbs to see which ones work best. Many times we are told we need that 200+ carbs to function when in reality we need glucose which we get from lots of other things.

G

·
Many times we are told we need that 200+ carbs to function when in reality we need glucose which we get from lots of other things.
Because they are "Parrots" trained by "Academicians" (Agents of Drug Mafia) ... Academicians who look at traces of mercury in "Holy Basil" but keep silent on same mercury in many vaccines (IIRC) which have lead to things like Autism etc ...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Good for you Lloyd. You've done a great job of proving the dietitian wrong! The dietitian I saw recommended that I consume 250 carbs every day knowing that I am overweight. I am now trying to lose the weight I gained as a result of following the "health professional's" advice. Keep up the amazing A1C's :)

Reactions: Lloyd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Carbs and weight loss

My doctor also told me to eat about 250 carbs a day. If I had listened to him, I would weigh about 200 lbs now. I generally stick to 45-50 carbs for the three main meals and a couple of snacks of 15 carbs. I still have a hard time counting correctly, but I know I have to if I want to stay healthy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts