The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
6,163 Posts
:bump:

So tonight I had dinner at a friend’s. She’s a vegetarian, and went low-carb after my talking it up and hearing/seeing my weight-loss. She’s a perfect weight, but sometimes we women have different ideas about our own bodies than the world at large. She then read Taubes and is converted also for health reasons. I'm surely the beneficiary on dinners like tonight's.

She made, as always, a scrumptuous dinner. Divine. And, as usual, I asked (no begged) for her recipes. She disappeared and came back with print-outs. Cool! I look at them, and there at the top are the URLs, I see diabetesforum.com and the dessert was … this carrot cake!

Lemme tell you, it is fantastic! It took a non-diabetic friend, prowling the internet, to serve what was right under my nose the whole time.

The other menu items were a fantastic fresh broccoli rab, and http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-recipes/7355-cheesy-eggplant-parmesan.html#post64067 which she made with a meat substitute from Trader Joe’s (foxl should’ve been there) but I’ll use beef just cuz that’s what i do, and these that accompanied the carrot cake, also excellent: Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge - Easy Sugar-Free Fudge Recipe

Lemme say it again: this carrot cake is a killer.

· Registered
105 Posts
OK - I've had this recipe in my recipe book for quite a while now, kept meaning to try it, but just never got "a round tuit".

I made it this morning and took it to dinner at one of my in-laws. This group usually goes screaming in the other direction or grimaces mightily at the very mention of low-carb (even though she's prediabetic). You should have seen the faces last Thanksgiving when I served them the mashed cauli casserole instead of potatoes - you'da thunk I'd dished up roast rat!

Well, not only did they eat it and complement it, most went back for seconds! Downright amazing!

A great new go-to recipe for me, and thank you, thank you, thank you!

· Registered
78 Posts
My wife's reported that she's making this today. Something to look forward to for desert tonight :). I'll report in how it turns out. Div2live, your cheesecake recipe has become a favorite in our household now. My wife made it on the weekend and the neighbours we had over loved it! She made it for my in-laws when we were in Florida a few weeks back and they completely loved it as well!

· Registered
78 Posts
Ok, so recipe makes enough to fill two medium type loaf pans. When I came home from work, the kids had pretty much polished off the first cake. The recipe is a winner! They even choose it over the chocolate banana cake that my wife had made them... that says something. Anyhow, the cake is good and the cream cheese icing really makes it. The cake seemed to have little affect on my BG. Enjoy!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.