The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Type 2 Diabetic neurapathy statin induced, with leg numbness, feet nerve damage, newly diagnosed with neurapathy, ac 1 has been 7 for several years, do the leg numbness get better, I was told I might have lumbar stenosis but
I have no pain, I really don't know where numb legs is coming from diabetic or the back

·
Registered
799 Posts
Cayman, the first thing you have to do is get control of your BS numbers. Having an A1c of 7 'for a few years' is too high. Try getting your numbers down and if that doesn't help your neurapathy, it might be the back. A great number of maladies we suffer are greatly improved with great control of our blood sugar!

If you haven't read Blood Sugar 101, it is a read that will be very helpful toward good BS control. While you're at it, stop eating anything with grain in it. Most of us use a low carb/high fat way of eating that you can read about at LCHF for Beginners.

If you can, give us some information about your current diet, your BS readings 1 hour after eating and 2 hours after eating (probably the most important readings of BS) and any medications you may be taking. With this information, members reading your postings will be able to comment more intelligently about your condition as compared with their experiences. It will help you make decisions on the direction you need to take to improve.

Having said all that, I did fail to say one thing in the beginning...

Welcome to the forum!!! :welcome:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with Steve. When I was diagnosed with D I had no "normal" symptoms. After diagnosis I realized that for at least 1 year I had neuropathy in my big toes. After I got my numbers under control it went away. If it was me I would do a LCHF diet as Steve suggests and see what happens.

Linda

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A1 c 7 for last 6 mths. Gipizide 10 mg twice a day. Started low carb diet two weeks ago. Going to try the LCHF diet plan.Trying to exercise daily to lose weight. I am a 56 yr female newly diagnose with neurapathy been a diabetic for several years. numb or tight legs and ankles and nerve in feet feel weird will another EMG next week. Anyone familiar with symptons

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Diabetic neuropathy statin induced

do the leg numbness get better, I was told I might have lumbar stenosis

I really don't know where numb legs is coming from diabetic or the back
Hi, Cayman. It is important to find the cause so the problem can be resolved before it gets worse. A Neurologist can do tests that will determine the cause. It could possibly be a combination of more than one thing.

One of my first diabetic symptoms was tingling and numbness in the feet and lower legs, but after getting my bg under control, that is no longer a problem.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts