Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

cellullitis

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  foxl 
#1 ·
I am worried as my doctor told me that I have a patch of cellulitis and prescribed antibiotics specially for that. I am still thinking is cellulitis a form of neuropathy symptom! mine is asmall red patch above ankle and painful. Doctor even told me that there might be a boil and may also ulcerate later if I dont take care now. I wonder if this due to all the antibiotics ;I have taken recently or hospital infection or due to different BG readings..:confused:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Its what I read on the net scared me more actually and set me thinking..I also used to wear nylon stockings to prevent vericose veins though I stopped them now, even normal socks have an elastic band which started to irritate me. It seems this infection can go in to the system and debilate a diabetic further if they are not careful.. I think I will follow what you said about hot packs or soak feet in bucket of hot water withantiseptic wash in it like Savalon

Discussion starter · #5 · (Edited)
ThanQ verymuch Foxl, I was alarmed enough when I read about it on net and in the medical books . I even badgered my doctor why he was pumping me with such a highdose of antibiotics..:), but we have to be aware of all the symptoms, and their life threatening possibilities..wish I had joined this community earlier, I was truly not aware of it. I even have a patch of psoriasis and this red patch of cellulitis appeared just near the borders of it. I was scared that this new type of psoriasis and ran to the doctor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.