The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to hear from wdmama, raindance . . . anyone else in the vicinity of StL . . . bad bad storm last evening - you've prob'ly seen it on the news.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hoping everyone is safe and sound. I saw the pictures on the news. My heart goes out to everyone in the wake of the storm.

O

·
0 Posts
yes, hoping everyone is safe and Ok. :) We've been hearing about those unusual number of tornadoes too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My cousin lives there...says there is a lot of damage. His SO works for a tv station there and it went right over the tv station...they kept on broadcasting...now that's dedication...luckily my cousin's house is ok

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The airport has been able to get a handful of arriving flights on the ground, and hopes departing flights can resume tomorrow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We live in Fairview Heights, just a few miles from St. Louis, and were under 2 tornado warnings at the same time last night. We spent a few hours in the basement watching the radar map. I was born and raised in Granite City, there was a tornado there last night, but was confined to a small housing development. One storm with tornados was a tiny bit north of us and another a tiny bit to the south, so we had a little light rain here and that was it. Kind of like a miracle because there were storms and tornados all around us.

There were 14 tornados in the area last night and it is amazing no one was killed or seriously injured. We get to rest tonight, then we are in for maybe 4 more days of storms and possible tornados. Be glad when tornado season is over, and when the rainy days quit so we can plant our garden.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really glad to hear from you, Raindance . . . I knew you were in the neighborhood over there - glad the big blow managed to miss you.

Thanks loads for the update! :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Raindance said:
We live in Fairview Heights, just a few miles from St. Louis, and were under 2 tornado warnings at the same time last night. We spent a few hours in the basement watching the radar map. I was born and raised in Granite City, there was a tornado there last night, but was confined to a small housing development. One storm with tornados was a tiny bit north of us and another a tiny bit to the south, so we had a little light rain here and that was it. Kind of like a miracle because there were storms and tornados all around us.

There were 14 tornados in the area last night and it is amazing no one was killed or seriously injured. We get to rest tonight, then we are in for maybe 4 more days of storms and possible tornados. Be glad when tornado season is over, and when the rainy days quit so we can plant our garden.
I don't miss all the storms

1 - 8 of 8 Posts