The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'd have missed it, if not for my devoted DH who let me sleep until noon, but finally wakened me saying we needed to get on the road! I had it in my head the appointment was tomorrow!

Doc says he's very pleased with my eye & that the previous retinal tears & detachment are all still securely fastened down where they belong. He expects my vision will improve in the next few weeks & the problem with binocular focus will resolve as the gas bubble absorbs. I alerted him that if I don't get to drive pretty soon, there might be about six kinds of hell to pay, and he said I could do anything I wanted! heheh! :D

In the long run, I may need a corrective lens for that eye because the scleral buckle causes increased myopic vision in the eye to which it's applied . . . I'll see doc again in two months & he'll prob'ly do the refraction then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad to hear some good news about your eye. That has to be tough not to be able to drive but it sounds like your DH has things under control. Hope things improve before the holidays. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yes, glad to hear some good news! So scary when we have to start dealing with things that affect our vision! Good things still coming your way from here!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I came here mostly to check on how you are doing, this morning, Shanny! Glad to hear things are resolving and hope it will resolve / improve without a correction!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts