The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shanny, this sounds awful good. I never made it before, but I've eaten it many times.

Also, where do you buy the Brandi's Breading? I'm gonna check on the coconut oil, I assume you can find at national food chains. I've been using olive oil for years and just recently started using grapeseed oil (before DX).

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's kind of a nuisance to make & I prob'ly use a jillion toothpicks keeping it together, but it's a tremendous treat! My worst chore is getting the chicken flattened enough. I've been mulling over using pork tenderloin instead of chicken - that's what they use at our favorite local restaurant.

The breading is a recipe we stumbled over online - Brandi's Breading. I've tweaked for our taste to using equal parts of the ingredients . . . I think Beefy has tweaked with additional spices/herbs, and it's at least as good as the flour and/or crumbs breadings I've used all my before-D life. I make it in big batches & keep it in the freezer at all times.
I have bookmarked both websites (Netrition & Big Daddy D's). We have a nutrition store (on the same street as my hair dresser), I'm gonna stop there and see if they carry Bob's Redmeal.

Also, my DIL picked up some Sam's Choice Stuffed Chicken Breast...Pepper Jack & Swiss-American Cheeses & Bacon; & Three Cheese & Jalapeno. 4g of total carbohydrate

Have you considered using the elastic string instead of toothpicks?

Thanks, for the information!! :smile:

·
Registered
66 Posts
OMG, Mimi! Tell me more about this elastic string!
All I know is what was on the boneless stuffed chickens that I was buying from a gourmet butcher shop. They're no longer in business, but I just Googled elastic string (Ronco sells it but are out of stock). Butcher's string, kitchen string can be purchased at grocery stores per Google. But, a good recommendation was to ask in the butcher dept and they might will give you some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.