The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my chocolate cake with white icing.

5 green bananas, green, hard as a rock, can't peel em
1/2 cup Erythitol
1/2 stick butter
Vanilla
2 eggs
Baking soda
Baking Powder
1/2 cup of cocoa
salt
walnuts
heavy cream

Peel and blend in a food processor or blender the green bananas, splash of heavy cream, vanilla, eggs. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients.
I used a foil 1/4 sheet cake pan, baked at 350 for 40 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.

Icing: Butter, cream cheese, powdered Erythitol and a small amount of another sweetener

We had Chuckeye steak and Brocholi Cass for dinner. Premeal was 80, 1 hr PP 105, 2hr PP 91. I then ate 2 large squares of that cake :D. 1hr PP 109, 1.5hr PP 91, FBG this morning 89.

What a treat, chocolate cake

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought that one would get your attention. It was really good, really good on my BG levels, in fact I am sitting at 78 right now before lunch, which is unheard of in MCSville. Got to love all that RS in those GB

Now you've done it, Marty! heheh! (washes cobwebs off cake pan . . .)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Funny how you say to get green bananas which you can't peel and then you go on to tell us to peel those unpeelable bananas. I LoL'd there.

Nice recipe regarless, thanks for sharing.:)

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats an oxymoron for you. But to say if you can peel them with ease, they are to ripe. You have to cut three lines down the side and crack the peel with your thumbs. Its worth it though.

I cut up 5 of those gems and put them in a pot roast along with carrots, onions, peppers and celery. If I wasn't the one putting them in I would swear they were potatoes. Premeal 97, 1 hrPP 113, 2hrPP 91.

Funny how you say to get green bananas which you can't peel and then you go on to tell us to peel those unpeelable bananas. I LoL'd there.

Nice recipe regarless, thanks for sharing.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts