The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to look fairly hard to get the proportions. The J of C calls for SHAVING sweet chocolate ... uh, no. Anyhow, this simple recipe was wonderful -- I ahd to appease my son, because by last night I polished off the last of the pumpkin pies! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyhow:

I made a custard with cocoa and coconut cream that I think is worth sharing ...
1 c coconut almond milk
1/2 c cocoa powder
4 eggs, 1 can coconut cream (the imported, full-fat kind)
1/2 c sugar equiv of choice (I used Z-sweet, eryth + stevia)
1 tsp vanilla, dash salt.

Heat "milk" and add cocoa, stirring till blended, let cool, beat in eggs and add remaining ingredients until smooth. Bake at 325 for one hour, let cool. I served it with dairy cream poured over it.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If no one thinks custard is all that interesting, try making this, pouring it into a pre-baked almond crust, baking around 40 minutes, cooling, and topping with whipped cream! Best chocolate cream pie I have EVER eaten, and coworkers agreed. My husband BEGS me to make this!

Oh, and you can actually jsut throw all ingredients in the blender -- no need for heating the milks to dissolve the cocoa as long as it is near room temp!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I make something very similar and just use a can of coconut milk (full fat). Never head of coconut almond milk, though it does sound tasty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts