1/3 c vanilla whey powder
1/3 c erythritol or splenda
water to soften, about 1/3 c
1 stick butter
1 egg
2 TBS cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350

mix sunflower seeds, water, whey, cocoa, and vanilla in food processor till a paste. Some pieces are fine.

Mix softened butter, egg and erythritol in a bowl. Add the mixture from the food processor, mix, and drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet Bake 10-12 minutes.

My 8 yr old son really liked them. :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
It has taken me all evening to get my browser to open messages (I've run every scan I can find!), but by golly, I finally got this one open . . . I wasn't just ABOUT to go to bed without knowing this recipe! Now I can sleep! heheh! (and I can bake these tomorrow! :cool:)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone plays around on this recipe and gets anything crispier, let me know! MY husband was not that impressed, but I have eaten, er, a few!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If these cookies 'passed' the test of an 8 year old.....then they have to be fabulous. Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw, this guy eats ... EVERYTHING, though!

But one of his "favorite things" in a school assignment was "My Mom's Cooking!" hahah!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
foxl - then you have to give the little man credit for knowing what is good. I would sooner trust the judgement of an 8 year old when it comes to his Mom's cookies, than to trust a 'trained' chef. Kids usually tell it like it is and if they don't like something they usually tell you straightaway (or at least my 10 year old grandson does). Like the first time he had macaroni and cheese at my house (his face lite up the whole room)...........but come the next meal when we asked him to try green bean :( - a whole different story.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:-D This one loves GREEN VEG, too!

NOT my girls, however. They both gag on most veg.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have had a lot of problems with many of my low carb cookie recipes, getting them to be crispier. I think the nut and seed flours have a lot of oil in them which causes them to be more moist. The only thing I have found to work is to make them small and press down with my hands pretty thin and bake them an extra mintue or two. I also leave them exposed to air. If I put a top on the storage container they seem to get softer. I'll have to try this recipe, sounds great.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss I love sunflower seeds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts