The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My husband has been taking a cholesterol lowering drug for quite some time, and tests were fine until a month ago (I don't know the number) and at the same time he was diagnosed with Type2 diabetes. Since his diagnosis, I have been cooking with the oils that members here recommend except flax oil because I checked out the warnings which said someone who takes a blood thinner should not use it.

Yesterday he said he is concerned because he has been eating more fat than he thinks he should have, because of the cholesterol. I read a couple of posts that said fats are important for diabetics, so I would like to know if they are more important to diabetics than others, and if so, why.

I looked up Ancel Keys and found there are many websites that say his theories have been disproved several times. So at this point I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then it sounds like I am on the right track and will keep on doing what I have been doing. I knew the folks here would have some knowledgable answers, it sets my mind at ease.

Shanny, this is my husbands first cholesterol test that came out high (200) since he was on the cholesterol lowering meds. Test results were a month ago, the same time he was diagnosed with diabetes2, so I have only been feeding him the good fats for about 3 weeks now, since I found this site. I'll let you know what his cholesterol is after his next blood test, but after reading what you and jwags had to say, I'm hopeful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.